I was reading Tom Peters’ Blog (Tom is a business strategy guru, former Harvard b-school professor, former McKinsey consultant, and the author of In Search of Excellence). He is writing the credo for his consulting team and I thought some of it applicable to agents seeking to brand themselves.
Here is a subset of his current list (he is down to 8):
- We will exude integrity, individually and collectively.
- We will bring to bear overwhelming and instant and collective force to redress any customer problem, real or imagined.
- We will be civil in all our dealings with one another.
- We will never, in any way, compromise on the quality of our products or services—regardless of difficulties in our marketplace and economy.
- We shall unfailingly aim for EXCELLENCE in all we do.
Imagine if these statement were how your customers and friends described you as a real estate agent! Exuding integrity, unfailingly being excellent, never compromising on quality – what a great brand positioning. Remember, a credo is about how you live your life and execute your work – it is more than just a collection of words.
A couple of questions for the market:
- Do you have a credo?
- Is your credo reflected in your marketing? If so, how?
Also, I loved Tom’s take on strategy in a recession.